Re: [RTTY] Help for FT-1000-MP Mark V

To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Help for FT-1000-MP Mark V
From: Mark n2qt <n2qt.va@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 10:22:51 -0400
Watching a bandscope (I actually use CWSkimmer as it has good resolution) during
Rtty contests, proves Joe's comments.  There are plenty of overdriven (multiple
harmonics of the audio tones, not just the low tones, but both tones at double
or
even triple shift, or even a 2.4khz wide wall of noise) signals on.   Some have
so many
products it's hard to even find where they actually are transmitting. These
seem more
(to me) annoying  than the wider than need be FSK guy parked next to me (at
least I know
where he is).

I keep hoping someone comes up with an easy to use occupied BW measurement
for RTTY signals like the IMD measure used for PSK31.

Mark. N2QT