Re: [RTTY] Survey Suggestion

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Survey Suggestion
From: Salvatore Irato <iw1ayd@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 21:08:38 +0200
I wouldn't add GRITTY right now to the list of the useful decoders.
It's no more than a working sample. Not de facto not well integrated
with anything and needing too much real estate space on the screen to
be of any practical use.
Decoding ability should have been much more better than other give
those first unavoidable features by now. It doesn't seem to be of any
practical use by now. We will see tomorrow.

The real estate of the screen isn't only needed by it's dimension and
not useful, at times, sub windows but also by the decoding schema it
use. Lot of spaces and LF or CR needs a lot of printable area to
contain rightly decodified characters and casual strings. Paper that
fly.

Integrated decoders offer to any of us the ability to catch valid
strings characters and to overcome decoders inabilities at times. Too
much paper to read would multiplicate by then our efforts to
interpolate that IW1 and 821 in two different and flying by itself
windows.

         73 de iw1ayd Salvo

PS I remember that there was another decoder working better than MMTTY
but still lacking any integrability schema. Now it is unneeded as
2Tone and two instance of 2Tone with different filters surpassed it by
several length.