Re: [Amps] SPE 2K-FA amplifier duty cycle

To: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SPE 2K-FA amplifier duty cycle
From: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 09:42:26 -0400
Bill,

        According to the SPE home site:

Continuous use
“MAX” mode: SSB / CW unlimited.
Automatically switches to “MID” for a while if, in “MAX”, a continuous
signal (RTTY) is transmitted.
“MID” “LOW” modes, RTTY unlimited.

        I've inquired of Bob, W5UQ, home page http://ExpertLinears.com
as to the time in MAX on RTTY before it down-switches to MID.

        Since he both sells and services them I expect that he's the
best source, other than Gianfranco in Italy, to answer your question.

        The 2K-FA will otherwise operate for an unlimited period of
time in MID or LOW power mode.

HTH - David KD4E

> I'm thinking of getting an SPE 2K-FA amplifier and I have a question
> about duty cycle at full power.
>
> I understand it will run full 1500 watts on SSB and CW, but not so on
> RTTY, at least not brick on the key mode. After a certain period of
> operation it will cut back to a lower power level.
>
> My question is how long will it run at 1500 watts carrier before
> cutting back?
>
> All comments welcome.
>
> 73, Bill W6WRT

*David* KD4E
ARES-EC Bulloch County, Nevils, Georgia USA

Safe & Secure Search Engine: duckduckgo.com