[RTTY] Thursday NS RTTY

To: "'NS'" <nccc-blue@kkn.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Thursday NS RTTY
From: K6MR <k6mr@outlook.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 21:17:44 -0700
Greetings Diddlers!

Last week's session was a down a little, no doubt due to all those folks
abandoning us for Dayton. Understandable I guess  ;^)   This past weekend
was a relaxed contest weekend at least on this side of the pond. I decided
the good weather was worth some antenna work so I missed most of the
activity.

In case you didn't see the announcement, preliminary results for the March
RTTY Sprint are available at
http://ncjweb.com/sprint-scores/preliminary/rttysprint032015prelim.txt
There were lots of NS calls in the listings, including in the top ten.
Special note goes to N3QE who had a Golden Log with 157 Qs (best overall).
Wow. Good ears/eyes/decoders ?

Thursday (in NA) is our regular weekly RTTY get together. 15 meters seems ok
for those of us on the coasts, not so good if you are in the middle. 160 and
80 look to be pretty much gone for the summer except for locals. Good chance
to work on the low band antennas.

Dupe rule still in effect, so don't let the small number of unique stations
slow you down. Remember, you need to work a different station on the same
band or any station on a different band before working the dupe. And there
is no limitation how many times you can do this, so have at it!  If you are
new to SO2R this is great practice using both radios to your advantage.

And the details:
Friday, 22 May 2015, 0145Z - 0215Z (Thursday 21 May 2015 in NA)
-- 1845 - 1915 PST
-- 2145 - 2215 EST
-- (others in-between these two)
-- 160: 1805 and up
-- 80/40/20/15 +80kHz up from the band edge
-- Same band dupes ok after 1 intervening Q.
-- 1 kHz QSY rule, otherwise standard Sprint rules.
-- 100W power limit.

Please visit http://www.ncccsprint.com/rttyns.html for complete rules and
links to other info. If you find any problems with the web pages, please let
me know so we can get them fixed.

Report scores to 3830scores.com, and join us at 0300Z on 3610 kHz for
comments and questions (and dinner menus).

Diddle diddle,

Ken K6MR