Re: [RTTY] Understanding the N1MM plus dueling CQ function in RTTY So2r

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Understanding the N1MM plus dueling CQ function in RTTY So2r
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 18:54:29 -0400
I too tried dueling CQ's in N1MM+ using the automatic function. I didn't
even get as far as AC0C did.

N2QT wrote of doing dueling CQ's using the mouse. I'm not a mouse guy, but
I did have success doing dueling CQ's from keyboard:

1: Hit F1 for radio 1
2: As soon as that completes, hit backslash to switch radios then hit F1
for radio 2.
3: If anyone comes back on radio 1, hit backslash "early" to type his call
in for radio 1.

Yes, I was hitting the backslash button a lot! Gonna wear it out smooth
soon!

Note that I am not a mouse kind of guy. I don't click on callsigns. Doing
dueling CQ's by mouse clicking between windows would be very grueling. I
felt that doing it with keyboard worked out well.

What I did occasionally find using my method, is that somehow F2 (for fill)
and F3 (for extra TU when maybe the first TU was lost) messages sometimes
didn't work. I would hit them, but nothing would happen. I would have to do
something like switch focus twice to make them work again. Maybe it had
something to do with me being in ESM mode.

Tim N3QE