Re: [RTTY] Mt. Athos

To: rtty@contesting.com, W3UR <bernie@dailydx.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Mt. Athos
From: Kostas SV1DPI <sv1dpi@otenet.gr>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 20:30:59 +0300
Just to make things more clear...

The picture below the text is a letter from Holy Council (this is more important from the text itself) which it is addressed to the monasteries and says among other that only the Holy Council is authorised to give a written license (that means that monasteries can not give a license), only special calls are allowed (except for Monks) in Mount Athos (not portable) and no license has given to anyone the last years. So that means that any oral permission is not good (I remind that our friends from Latvia claimed that they had an oral permission from a monastery). Also sv1rp operation was not legal as the Holy Council says that they have NOT given any license and possible Monasteries licenses are NOT good (I remind that George sv1rp claims that he has a license from the Monastery).

Beside all these Monk Apollo writes that all these tries from several amateurs (including older tries) to suck the Monks to get a license from Mount Athos (for example sv1rp asked for a license for educating purposes) are not the right way for a radio amateur to get a license and finally make the Monks more cautious to a future try by serious dxpeditioners. That is not good for Amateur Radio and for a future dxpedition. He also says that he asked Holy Council if sv1rp operation is legal and they told him NO.

73 Kostas SV1DPI