Re: [RTTY] RTTY frequencies

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY frequencies
From: iw1ayd - Salvatore Irato <iw1ayd@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 09:41:06 +0200
Hi all,
those are the right arguments and it's desirable to adhere to this de facto standard, as Joe wrote. It's not a de jure or a technical standard as who is operating "whistling modes" there had chosen to channelize there "almost improperly". Channelized was then a must, now is too often a problem.

But that isn't my main concern. :-)

I strongly hope that also who operate in any DX expedition could take care of those facts, one for each band.

Often, if not every time, there is a DX expedition operator that choose one of those now de facto wrong QRGs, i.e 10.140 - 14.080. Then whoever him is at that time he get QRM, weak to high QSA and more than one signal usually, from any sort of whistled digital modes.

One of those two things is wrong:
the de facto use and land owning by the whistlers there;
the appropriate usage of those frequency for DX expeditions when they are in RTTY.

I am not against whistlers, of any tone, and I am not against DX expeditions RTTY operators. But the latter must become aware of the de facto land owning act imposed by the growing of the firsts.

Somebody have to tell this "whistling act" to DX expeditioneers, those great expenses, those great efforts to pursue contacts also with the us poor RTTYers and that unknown knowledge of what is getting more and more low the QSOs rate quite anywhere. (WARC bands are the worst!) It's unbelievable.

This  could be the wrong perspective since I am nailed just here, why not.
:-)

                   73 de iw1ayd Salvo