Re: [RTTY] Wanna Work More Stations? Have more fun?

To: "RTTY contest group" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Wanna Work More Stations? Have more fun?
From: "Scott Schultz" <schultz0530@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 15:16:35 -0500
With all due respect, if I may play the devil's advocate...

Articles like this have been around since the days when we all (well most of us anyway) used WF1B on our old DOS machines. Back then, the argument was whether or not to use the friend.ini file because of the amount it took to add the other op's name. It was nice to see the other guy respond with your name, but it has nothing to do with the exchange. As far as Hank's article, while I absolutely agree that they are all very good suggestions, I wrote a response back in the "olde days" questioning just how much we would gain by just sticking to the required exchange and nothing else.

The original article is long gone, but to summarize; implementing all of these suggestions would shorten a typical contest exchange by only a second or two at most. Factor those few seconds over an entire weekend and it might actually yield several minutes of additional time that could be used to make more contacts. While this sounds great on the surface, the problem for most of us is that we don't run out of time as we approach the end of the contest, we run out of people to talk to! Sure, we could work anyone and everyone just for the points, but what really counts are those precious multipliers!

I am from Missouri so if someone could Show Me how to increase those numbers, that would be information I could really use!

73,
de Scott NØIU