Re: [RTTY] Problem with WAE log upload robot - OM2015TITANIC

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Problem with WAE log upload robot - OM2015TITANIC
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 12:22:36 -0500
I had to delete several WAE QTC's (similar to example here of
OM2015TITANIC) because they overflowed the Cabrillo, causing outright
rejection of the entire log by the robot.

Unfortunately, the other guy will get dinged for these deletions too.

I would prefer it if the log robots accepted such logs without QSO editing,
maybe with some diagnostic complaints about individual lines but still
"accepted". The way it is now, I had to tweak and/or delete lines in my WAE
log to get it accepted by the robot, and that doesn't seem right.

I think many of the checks the log robots do are useful. For example they
often re-iterate and have me confirm entry category details on the web
form, and these checks have been very useful to me.

But especially in light of many contest rules such as CQ WW Rule IX.9,
which ban all post-contest log QSO corrections, I do not want to have to
tweak my QSO details, and especially do not want to delete valid exchanges
denying the other guy credit, after the contest to have my log accepted by
the robot.

Tim N3QE