Re: [RTTY] Contest this weekend

To: ed@w0yk.com, 'RTTY Reflector' <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Contest this weekend
From: "Art (K5FNQ)" <k5fnq@lusfiber.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 21:23:44 -0600
I saw nothing in the rules or classes as to assisted or not.  Are there any?
Art K5FNQ

On 12/17/2015 12:32 PM, Ed Muns wrote:
This contest provides RTTY activity for us to operate our stations but has
some specific rules that are worth noting.

1)  Single-Op entrants can change bands only once per 5-minute period.  This
effectively rules out SO2R unless you don't care about score or you enter as
a Multi-Op.

2)  QSOs with stations not submitting a log are removed if that station is
not in at least 2 other submitted logs.  If you are a casual operator and
don't submit a log, it would be polite to work at least, say, 10 stations to
increase the chance that at least 3 of them will submit logs and all the
QSOs will count.

3)  Mults are DXCC countries, which favors locations that can work Europe
well.  But, everyone works everyone, so valid QSOs should be plentiful.

4)  The exchange is RST + CQ Zone, although zones are not mults.

Ed W0YK

Bill W6WRT wrote:

Just a reminder of the OK DX RTTY contest this coming weekend.
This is a 24 hour contest which starts at 0000 UTC Saturday.

Rules in English:

http://okrtty.crk.cz/index.php?page=english

Hope to see you there.

73, Bill W6WRT

K5FNQ - Art Mouton k5fnq(at)lusfiber.net (or (at)arrl.net) ARRL, QCWA, CW OPS, Louisiana Contest Club, DXCC Honor Roll (Mixed & CW), Digital/RTTY DXCC, 5BDXCC, DXCC 10, 12, 15, 17, 20, 30, 40, 80 Meters