[RTTY] 2016 RTTY Roundup Multis==Unlimited?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] 2016 RTTY Roundup Multis==Unlimited?
From: Ron W7FIA <fia@clouddancer.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 21:03:45 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

While the RR rules mention Single Op and Single Op Unlimited, there is
only the one Multi-Single category.  The bottom of the rules point to
other ARRL general contest rules, which list Multi-2 and Multi-Multi
categories.  Then I remember other RTTY contests where Multi was
classed as either Unlimited, or Unassisted.

So I'm a little unclear as a novice RTTY Roundup participant, if I
join a Multi operation, is it expected that the extra ops are
providing spots - watching a GRTTY-like program, or perhaps a spotting
network (they aren't that useful in Nevada) ??

When I chatted with the current ops at a local Multi, they seemed to
think that any 'skimmer-like' operation was not allowed.  It's RTTY,
it's a bit hard to decode by ear or sight.  I tend to think that if
signals come down my antenna, I can decode all of them, as I need to
have something that can handle the dynamic range problem.  I'm puzzled
as to why a panadapter/waterfall display is OK, but the extra step of
decoding a callsign suddenly has crossed some line.

Thanks