Re: [RTTY] Interesting quote ...

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Interesting quote ...
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 22:18:46 -0500

Just more ARRL double talk about digital modes.  They want to expand
the RTTY/CW allocations when it suits their needs (and it is needed
on 80 meters).  However, they still pursue RM11708 to allow commercial
use of the CW/data allocations at 2.7 KHz bandwidth.

If anyone in the Executive ranks or on the Board at ARRL had an ounce
of intellectual honesty they would go back to their original proposal
to regulate emissions by bandwidth, propose moving the automatically
controlled digital modes to the top 25 KHz of each band greater than
200 KHz wide (where they could take advantage of the wider modes),
and insist that all modes that were not "copyable by ear" include
either a visual representation of channel occupancy (waterfall or
spectrum display) or an effective "channel busy" detector/lockout
calibrated to 125% of the maximum occupied bandwidth for the mode
involved.

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV