Re: [RTTY] CQ WPX RTTY from NR4M

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CQ WPX RTTY from NR4M
From: Steve Bookout <steve@nr4m.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 18:36:01 -0500
Hello Bill,

To add a bit of context.

Two of my 190 foot towers are spaced 300 feet apart and intentionally set on an azimuth of 45 degrees.

On a catenary rope strung between them at the top, I have a 4 element, 80 meter delta loop array. it is on a 225 foot virtual boom and is fed for horizontal polarization with home made 600 ohm feed line. On a 4 by 4 post, I have a home made tuning unit fed by 7/8 inch 75 ohm coax back to the shack.

Use EZNEC to set it all up. As I recall, it shows the major lobe at 22 degrees and substantial F/B ratio.

I also have a full size 4 square, with 80 radials under each. The 'quad' (actually delta loop) array has never been inferior to the 4 square toward EU, and on occasion, is as much as 2 S-units better. With good conditions, and a good operator, we have made over 1400 CW contacts in a 48 hour contest.

That's the story on that...

73 de Steve, NR4M