Re: [RTTY] Simple thing that seemed to improve my S&Ping

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Simple thing that seemed to improve my S&Ping
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 22:17:20 -0800
Two stations should work together to achieve a valid two-way QSO in the
least amount of time.  For the short period of the QSO, the two stations are
close partners to achieve a single goal: valid QSOs in each log.  This is
much more than "courtesy".

Outside of the QSO, they are competitors.  That's when "courtesy" applies.

Ed W0YK

Al AB2ZY wrote:

My attitude is that I don't care whether I'm in the log of another US,
German, Italian or Spanish station correctly.  It's done as a courtesy for
their benefit. However, if it's a wanted DX, you bet I'll make sure he has
it right before I send the report.  But those situations are pretty rare now
for me.