Re: [RTTY] 5NN

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 5NN
From: Rich <rwnewbould@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 11:15:27 -0500
Agreed, but W0YK suggested to me that these keys be programmed with the info just once. Then press the key as many times as you would like to send that data. So you could send just the serial no. once, twice or six times based on the number of key presses. It may not sound like it in an email, but it works very well. Even my S&P callsign macro only has my call one time and I press F5 twice during S&P. I really like his method since adopting it.

Rich
K3RWN

Everyone should have a macro or two that sends only the important part of the exchange, i.e. no calls, no 599, etc. When asked for a repeat in a contest with serial numbers I send the serial number six times. I almost never get asked for a second repeat. Likewise with state, zone or whatever. Six seems to be the magic number for me. 73, Bill W6WRT _______________________________________________ RTTY mailing list RTTY@contesting.com http://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/rtty