Re: [RTTY] 2016 Digital Mode Most Wanted Survey - Session Timeouts

To: "Larry Gauthier (K8UT)" <k8ut@charter.net>, RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 2016 Digital Mode Most Wanted Survey - Session Timeouts
From: Bill <bmarx@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 09:34:49 -0400
Another way is to print out your DXCC sheet from the ARRL. Then you only have to read your own totals.
Bill W2CQ

On 5/1/2016 9:24 AM, Larry Gauthier (K8UT) wrote:
My apologies to all who encountered that dreaded Session Timeout error after devoting time to filling out the survey. The session timeout value in the LimeSurvey application was set for 2 hours, but it is obvious that the survey timed out much sooner.

After adjusting several settings this morning, my tests indicate that the server will now timeout after about 20 minutes. That is still not a lot of time if you are looking up 339 DXCC entities and jumping back-and-forth between your logging program and the survey. However if you could create a worksheet in prefix order (the order of the survey) and do your data entry directly from that worksheet you should be able to click through the 339 items well-before your session times out. Here's another suggestion: Set a timer for 10 minutes. If you're not done by then, >Save Your Session and return later to finish -- the timer will start over.

Again, my apologies. We really do value the input from all Digital ops and hope that those of you who were thwarted by a session timeout will try again.

-larry (K8UT)