Re: [RTTY] Gritty vs. 2Tone with N1MM+

To: kn7sfz <kn7sfz@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Gritty vs. 2Tone with N1MM+
From: Michael Clarson <wv2zow@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 15:22:39 -0400
Richard: You are correct -- for now. I have been reading a lot about the
USB-C interface which is intended to replace HDMI, Display Port, and any
current USB interfaces, but the monitor manufacturers have not jumped. The
computer manufacturers have not embraced USB-C either, although many have
ditched HDMI for Display Port. Why would one want that when HDMI works so
well? Both display port (current version) and USB-C allow one to daisy
chain monitors with only one port on the computer. They will both do 4K.
And, Display Port is free. Both computer and monitor mfgrs have to pay to
use HDMI. Not sure about USB-C. Just when you get things working well, the
standards change. (A bit OT, I have a backyard pool a few years old. All
the plumbing uses 1-1/4" plumbing (Hoses, etc). Currently, all pools use
1-1/2 " plumbing, so replacement parts are very difficult to find) --73,
Mike, WV2ZOW