Re: [RTTY] NA RTTY Bonehead Move - The Best of the Hobby

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] NA RTTY Bonehead Move - The Best of the Hobby
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 10:30:49 -0700
Hi Lee

Some people take this contesting thingy too seriously.

After the big RTTY contests, there are always some who complain about too
long of macros. not sending the info in the right sequence, saying 'hi'
with a canned macro, and other gripes.

We need to remember how it was when we first started and lighten up on the
newbies.  They will learn, and as you have found, it is a lot more
productive to send a positive message than to complain about something that
really is not all that big of a deal.

Welcome to RTTY and hope to work you in the future.  73
Tom W7WHY