Re: [RTTY] WB2COY/P Operation = DX?

To: "'Bob WB2COY'" <wb2coy@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WB2COY/P Operation = DX?
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 10:24:19 -0700
First of all, don't put /P or /M or /QRP, etc. on your call sign, at least
in the CQ WW RTTY Contest.  The / designator is reserved for indicating a
different DXCC entity prefix than your base call sign.  That is why the
robot software is confused as it tries to interpret /P as some non-US
entity.  Thus, the robot's instruction to put 'DX' in the Cabrillo header's
LOCATION: line.  The entry for LOCATION: should be your ARRL/RAC section
abbreviation, apparently WNY in your case.

If you can't get your log submitted, just send it directly to me and I'll
deal with it.

Ed W0YK

Bob WB2COY wrote:

Hello all - I operated 'portable' WB2COY/P from an RV Park in WNY in the
CQWW DX contest, making 208 contacts. When I attempted to submit my log
via the online interface, the robot told me that my LOCATION: WNY  was
wrong, and that it should be DX! Any suggestions on how to get around
this? I only have two days left to get the log submitted!