Re: [RTTY] WB2COY/P Operation = DX?

To: "Bob WB2COY" <wb2coy@hotmail.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WB2COY/P Operation = DX?
From: "Jim" <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 18:34:50 -0500
Just use NY. CQWW does not use ARRL sections which is what WNY is.

73
Jim W7RY

-----Original Message----- From: Bob WB2COY
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 9:26 AM
To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] RE: WB2COY/P Operation = DX?

I'm getting a lot of offline responses indicating that I should use NY as my LOCATION. I operated as WB2COY/P, which is how (most) stations responded to my S&P calls. My Exchange was 599 05 NY, which is correct. The LOCATION field I am talking about is in the Cabrillo Header area:

START-OF-LOG: 3.0
LOCATION: WNY     <-- HERE
CALLSIGN: WB2COY/P
CLUB: None
CONTEST: CQ-WW-RTTY

I was operating from Western New York (WNY) from a campground for the contest. I think the robot is parsing my callsign's /P and thinking I operated from outside the USA! As a last resort, I will put DX in there and submit a CHECKLOG so that the stations that I worked will not lose credit for the contact. Hopefully, this will work.

73, Bob WB2COY