Re: [RTTY] PLEASE operate in the MAKROTHEN RTTY contest this weekend!

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] PLEASE operate in the MAKROTHEN RTTY contest this weekend!
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 04:54:14 +0000

On Sat, 8 Oct 2016 04:22:38 +0000, you wrote:

>Sorry I cannot do it.  I have so much intermod and power line noise I
>cannot even hear a s9 signal.  I have no idea how I am going to fix it.
>
>73
>

>Thom KI8W

REPLY:

you could set up a remote station. Lots of radios and software
available. Make it entirely solar powered and you will have zero
noise. Property without electric or other utility access should be
pretty cheap. A simple metal shed would do for the equipment.

If you want to run some serious power, solar is probably not the best
way to go, but you could have the receiver remote and the transmitter
at your QTH. Takes two antennas, of course.

73, Bill W6WRT