Re: [RTTY] my thoughts on the JARTS exchange...

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] my thoughts on the JARTS exchange...
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 02:29:26 +0000

On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 22:20:53 +0000, Thom wrote:

>I strongly believe that sometime in the future Ham Radio will cease to
>exist in our society because of it.

REPLY:

If Amateur Radio was only about talking to other people I would agree,
but it's more than that. There is a certain fascination in using these
magical "radio waves" that can travel thousands of miles and reach
their destination with energy that is so small it is hard to measure
and yet still be heard perfectly.

If that isn't magic I don't know what is. And I love magic.  :-)

73, Bill W6WRT