[RTTY] JARTS 2016 IW1QN @IQ1RY by iw1ayd

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] JARTS 2016 IW1QN @IQ1RY by iw1ayd
From: Salvatore Irato <iw1ayd@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 13:17:41 +0200
Hi all.
It is a great pleasure to read all yours comments about the last JARTS here.
Hope that also 7L4IOU Hisami would be impressed as me.

Indeed the propagation wasn't all that good. But unevenly as it was
predicted and went, worse, at the end of the contesting windows we have had
a great pleasure operating there.
We have had a lot, around one hundred, dupes. Someone just realized that
him was dupe after calling in.
For me and Federico, IW1QN, the call owner it's not a problem anyone is
welcomed anytime.
I fired the QSO B4 macro years and years ago, no way. But we received few
times a QSO B4 macro when S&P.
It is an outdated style to forget or to on purpose maintain that macro, a
nonsense.
Please have a check and definitively get rid of it, molecular destroying,
where it is stored :-)

We have pleasantly used "http://cqcontest.net";. I don't know if we are
addicted to the serial number count as a mean to push up numbers but it was
this time. Thanks to the site maintainer.

On times signals went that bad and noise that strong, evening on 40m!!!,
that I fired my PCBLO macro. Please Come Back Later On.Thanks to whoever
had come back. But also thanks to whoever was in track even at my fourth
AGN? AGN?.

Last but not least I should ask all the operators who waited my XX1YYY TU
NOW. This time a lot of peoples waited the few tenth of seconds when there
was another QSO. The LOGTHENPOP function in N1MM+ is quite a paramount, not
having to work manually to clean the list on the LOGTHENGRAB function/macro.

The two K3, not eSsed, worked flawlessly as usual. Microham interfaces went
grounded this time, not a single glitch in 48h. Just the main rotor was a
little bit lazy, moving itself, when anyone was on 80m, but randomly.

We had done, politely, our normal rate of mistakes, sleep-falls and pills
and other medications taken in late rides. This last could be the symptom
that we are getting aged even more than the exchanges says :-)
Happy to have seen several different skimmers in JA. The Skimmer usually
busted us as IW1Q or worstly. Several other calls went ruined by it, UT5EPP
as T5EPP is easy to be recognized ... happily there were often two call on
the same QRG, like DO4RTY and DO4RT, this was also a clever sign.

It was a great time out of few secondary SW/HW promptly recovered glitches
and a poor but unrecoverable propagation.
The US count was poor, but also the JA count. The 10m have had short timed
and hauls openings. The times with JA ans US at theirs respective times for
hours on 10m are gone by now.

               It was the JARTS 2016, thanks to all!  CU

                            73 de iw1ayd (that was operating MO IW1QN
@IQ1RY)

PS I will read all the comments by other with pleasure! TU