Re: [RTTY] New Radio...FSK and all that other stuff.

To: "'Thom'" <ki8w@ki8w.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] New Radio...FSK and all that other stuff.
From: "James C. Hall, MD" <heartdoc@nwtcc.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 13:35:46 -0500
I must have missed something. A friend of mine has a TS-480HX and as I
recall, it runs true FSK out of the box. Looking at the manual, it shows pin
8 on the Remote plug on the back as the FSK pin. A simple base loaded NPN
transistor to this pin and ground should setup TTL for you and then use a
USB-RS232 adapter for your computer.

Now if you are purposely using AFSK in LSB mode, there is a way to adjust
that frequency offset - menu 40. In the manual it is used for listening to
CW while in SSB mode.

Good luck with your project !

73, Jamie
WB4YDL