Re: [RTTY] RTTY not working

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY not working
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 19:44:08 -0400

Windows has a nasty habit of changing COM port numbers assigned to USB
to serial converters and changing the default sound device whenever it
updates or the user adds/removes USB devices and reboots.

Your problem *sounds like* Windows has grabbed "Headset microphone
(microHAM CODEC)" as either the "Default [system] Device" or the
"Default Communications Device" and is preventing both Writelog and
MMTTY from accessing "Line (microHAM CODEC)".

Please see the "Configuring microHAM CODEC" chapter in the microHAM
microKEYER II Users Manual for information on resetting the Default
Sound and Default Communications Device to the sound card in your
computer (away from "microHAM CODEC") so WriteLog and MMTTY will be
able to control (select) inputs and outputs correctly without any
interference from Windows.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV