Re: [RTTY] 30M Band Plan Question

To: "'John, K9EL'" <k9el@comcast.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 30M Band Plan Question
From: "John Barber" <john@bordertech.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 12:03:59 +0100
I looked at this before going to GD, as 30M was going to be a mainstay band
in current conditions.
10130-10150 is recommended for digital modes by the IARU in all regions. The
area round 10140 is full of rubbish :-)
Working split up 1-3, my chosen frequency was 10142, if the space was clear.
The alternative was 10136.
This worked with no complaints from anyone. 10136 is quieter and less liable
to QRM here but maybe a few ops don't look below 10140 for RTTY. Once you
get spotted it's fine.
Stats for GD4SKA on 30M: 1489 Qs, 76 DXCC, 6 continents. Vertical with
elevated radials about 8ft up.
Enjoy the trip!
John GW4SKA