Re: [RTTY] 30 Meter Bandplan

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 30 Meter Bandplan
From: "Thomas F. Giella W4HM" <thomasfgiella@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 08:55:33 -0400
John the weak signal modes JT9, JT65A and WSPR operate between 10137 kHz and 10142 kHz and that's what you ran into. Often they are there but can't be heard by ear. These modes regularly get QRM'ed by RTTY operators no matter where they operate so have no tolerance to getting QRM'ed.

I also operate these weak signal digital modes and try to be an ambassador between the two groups.

I always stay above them when I operate RTTY. There is some RTTY activity between 10135-10137 kHz but not split and not often, and also regularly as high as 10145 kHz.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella W4HM
Lakeland, FL, USA
thomasfgiella@gmail.com