[RTTY] Rain and Dipoles and swr and coax

To: "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Rain and Dipoles and swr and coax
From: Thom <ki8w@ki8w.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2016 20:07:27 +0000
On 12/2/2016 13:21, Bostjan Voncina - S55O wrote:
To me it looks like a water problem somewhere in the radio part (coax, box,
antenna). It shouldn't at all work like that even with all what you said.
Do you have a center feed of the dipole that water can get into ?

If that is a yes, there might be your cause. Check your 6 months old system.

Gl

Bostjan - Ian s55o

Nope, I have no dipoles that water can get into. I do not know why so many of you are saying I might have water in my coax when I clearly stated that after a couple of hours after the rain stopped my SWR on that dipole array returned to its normal 1:1 ratio that I had tuned it to. If I had water in the coax that swr would not have changed that quickly.

Have a great day.

Thom KI8W

"Living deep in the black hole of RF"