[RTTY] BARTG-HF Contest Revision - proposal

To: "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] BARTG-HF Contest Revision - proposal
From: Alex - YO9HP via RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 12:58:11 +0000 (UTC)
"BARTG is in the process of revamping the rules"Since the contest revision is
on BARTG agenda, I am just wondering if decrease of BARTG-HF contest duration,
from 48 hrs to 24 hrs, is taken into consideration.
I checked the statistics of last editions and it is obvious that the number of
participants is decreasing. From this point of view I would prefer to work 1000
QSO-s in 24 hrs, instead of 1200 QSO-s in 48 hrs (or 30 hrs for SO).
BARTG-HF maximum numbers of QSO:
2016
-------MS: 641 QSO-sSOE: 1023 QSO-sSOAB: 659 QSO-s
2015-------MS: 1047 QSO-sSOE: 1119 QSO-sSOAB: 1192 QSO-s

Please observe the BARTG Sprint results. It is looking like a successful RTTY
contest, with 1000-1200 QSO-s/24 hrs.

Of course the final number of QSO-s is strongly affected by propagation, but
the basic idea remains: more QSO-s/hour.
73, Alex YO9HP