Re: [RTTY] NS RTTY this Thursday

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] NS RTTY this Thursday
From: Steve Carpenter via RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 20:59:49 -0500
If the good Lord's willin' and the creek don't rise, K4DXV will be back this week. I don't remember my last one, but it must have been in about April or maybe early May of last year. The trip away and back again is quite a saga which includes a failing laptop replaced with a new one, followed by a failing rig, also replaced with a new one (the fanciest I've ever owned: TS-590SG), then intervening family and job situations, a new interface (SignaLink USB to replace an ancient WMR RigBlaster). Everything finally hooked up and tested this past weekend. But I may only be able to work 40 meters since I found the 80-meter inverted vee on the ground this afternoon. Hey...the fun never stops around here! The new Kenwood and the SignaLink are both interfacing nicely and I have rig control through N1MM+. I haven't actually made any RTTY contacts, and this will be my first time with AFSK. Even though everything looks good in MMTTY, some of you may be guinea pigs as I try to get everything adjusted. I'd rather get fussed at by my buddies than random strangers. If anybody sees or hears anything funky, please let me know. This is all very much a trial run with the new setup. Hope to see everybody there!

73,

Steve K4DXV