Re: [RTTY] WE2ASS DQ?

To: "RTTY contest group" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WE2ASS DQ?
From: "Jeff AC0C" <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 07:35:10 -0600
I don't know the fellow. But it's also possible he was a rookie? In any event there are plenty of reasons for screw ups in a contest...

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie

-----Original Message----- From: Jim W7RY
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2017 7:27 AM
To: RTTY contest group
Subject: [RTTY] WE2ASS DQ?

In my opinion, WE2ASS should be disqualified.

In the beginning of CQWW WPX, he was only using his call sign. According to the FCC, he is licensed
as a Technician. Then later in the contest, he was WE2ASS/NY6DX.

And he refused to work me with the WE2ASS/NY6DX call sign. Said I was a dupe. I did indeed work him when he was only sending WE2ASS early in the contest.

I wonder what log he submitted?

My guess is someone called him on it. Not sure.

73
Jim W7RY  and NE0US