Re: [RTTY] Upside-down RTTY contest QSO's

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Upside-down RTTY contest QSO's
From: Jim Preston <jpreston1@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 12:30:48 -0800
I have hit the wrong button at times. I hit the ESC key as soon as I realize it, but part of the exchange has already been sent.

73,

Jim N6VH

On 2/13/2017 11:16 AM, Jeff AC0C wrote:
Bet this this is more new guys jumping into their first contest.  Or
maybe new to the logger in RTTY.  What surprises me is that guys get so
far into this without figuring out the proper sequence.  I remember one
fellow was at a 2xx Q count!  Then again it may be a case of hitting the
wrong button.

My solution to this backward sequence is to send my end of the exchange,
and then flow right into a CQ, exactly as Tim shows below.  About 25-50%
of the time the guy sends some sort of TSK message and I reply again
with the TU WPX AC0C CQ call.  Have not had any frequency ownership
confusion that I know of.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie