[RTTY] Midwest Black Hole

To: RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Midwest Black Hole
From: Tom Martin <tmartin@chartermi.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 16:10:05 -0500
The only time that I won back to back plaques in the RTTY RU was when my main competitor was sick one year and died the following year. It is very difficult to be #1 from my QTH in the UP. 4 element StepIR and a 1200 watt amp still isn't enough. I did improve when I started using SO2R but my antennas on the second radio, especially on 40 and 80, don't cut the mustard. I plan to rectify that this fall.

W0AIH has a beautiful station and antenna farm but even he struggles in MM to make the Top 5. His location, near Eau Claire, WI, just can't compete with the east coast stations.

Tom W8JWN Iron Mountain, MI