[RTTY] Amplifier Interface Keying Buffer

To: rtty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RTTY] Amplifier Interface Keying Buffer
From: Jeff Rinehart via RTTY <rtty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 17:36:27 +0000 (UTC)
The only interface to protect the radio as I understand it is one placed in the
PTT line to switch the amp into transmit.

Many amplifiers draw more current through this PTT line than what the new solid
state rigs can supply.  Whether you need one or not is something you will have
to study up on for your transceiver and amp.
I always use an interface just to be safe.  They aren't that expensive and you
can build one yourself if you are into home-brewing at all.  Here are some
ideas:
http://www.elecraft.com/Apps/Amp_keying_ckt.htmhttp://qsl.net/kk5dr/Keyinterface.pdf
And I use one of the circuits below which I found on an Icom site.

Jeff W4PJW