Re: [RTTY] Eclipse

To: Tom <tom.guntzel@comcast.net>, Rtty <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Eclipse
From: "Jim Johnson" <jim.kc4hw@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2017 07:17:04 -0500
Hey Tom and all RTTYers,

I too am planning for the Eclipse on Aug 21st, 2017.  Probably will go to
Eastern
Tennessee.

The weekend before (Aug 19th and 20th) is the Huntsville Hamfest.  This is a
two day event.
It is totatly inside at the Von Braun Center downtown Huntsville, Al so you
will have relief
from the August temperature and humidity.

This is one of the larger hamfests in the Southeast.  If you or others are
coming this way,
perhaps you might want to check out the Huntsville Hamfest at
http://www.hamfest.org and
see what it has to offer.

Even thou this is NAQP SSB weekend, there probably will be folks from the
Alabama
Contest Group, Tennessee Contest Group, Southeast Contest Club, Georgia Contest
Club,
Deep South Contest Club and perhaps others.

K3LR - Tim Duffy will be giving a forum on the K3LR Contest Station.
Additionally, the
Alabama Contest Group is hosting a dutch lunch at the Embassy Suite Saturday at
1:30PM.

BTW, I am not associated with organizing the Eclipse or the Hamfest activities
other than as
an attendee!  (hi hi).

Jim/KC4HW