Re: [RTTY] RTTY frequencies to avoid

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY frequencies to avoid
From: "David G3YYD" <g3yyd@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 19:24:45 -0000
Jeff

Thank you.

Europe in general uses 3580 to 3620 for RTTY but it will spread higher and
lower during peak occupancy.

I would expect EU to move below 3570 at peak times. Asians often go below 3580
and lower to avoid the EU QRM so EU will work them below 3580. I have worked
them below 3570 but unusual.

I expect 7045 will be very heavily used in EU as it is in the middle of the
data segment. No chance that will be avoided. I also expect EU will go above
7060 as 40m will be a prime DX band. See
https://thersgb.org/services/bandplans/html/rsgb_band_plan_2017.htm

73 David G3YYD/M7T