Re: [RTTY] sending from key board

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] sending from key board
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2017 16:54:53 -0400

> is this normal

Entirely normal.  The echo you see in MMTTY is generated internally
(Option(O) -> Setup MMTTY(O) -> Misc -> sound loopback -> Int.).

The stored messages in MK II are not generated in MMTTY but stored
in the microKEYER II.

>  any way to see what I am typing?

If your transceiver has the ability to generate monitor audio for FSK,
turn it on and see that it is sent to MK II (left channel) so that MMTTY
can decode the audio.  Otherwise, there is no provision in MMTTY to
see the external FSK.

A limited alternative is to configure one line of the MK II display to
display "Monitor during transmission".  That will show what is sent to
the FSK port but ... only 16 characters.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV