Re: [RTTY] New Radio

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] New Radio
From: "Barry Murrell ZS2EZ" <zs2ez@zs2ez.co.za>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2017 13:15:10 +0200
Adding a spectrum display to the TS-590SG is a trivial matter - just add an
SDRPlay SDR Receiver (connects via the DRV port on the back) and use a
simple software setup to configure the SDRPlay to track the radio, acting as
a Panadapter AND second receiver....

I am using a similar setup on my TS-590S (did require a minor "mod" in the
form of a flylead attached before the TX relay, not as simple as the
TS-590SG but not exactly complicated either) and it works EXTREMELY well....
I also have the SDRPlay working with N1MM+ and the Waterfall Bandmap
software - worked like a charm during CQ WW RTTY.

There is a lot of info on configuring an SDRPlay to work with a TS-590SG
available on the web - I use AA6YQ's DXLab Suite for my day-to-day
operation, and his Commander CAT package handles the SDRPlay very well. I
use either HDSDR or SDR-Console as the panadapter display software, but
there are other choices available too....

73 de BARRY MURRELL ZS2EZ
KF26ta - Port Elizabeth, South Africa
EPC#0558 DMC#1690 WCC#030 30MDG#4081
DXCC(mixed)#41,146  DXCC(RTTY)#1,916
DXCC(phone)#34,990  DXCC(CW)#11,714
DXCC 40m,30m,20m,17m,15m,12m,10m
WAS Triple Play #492  WAS(RTTY)#538  WAZ(RTTY)#185  WAE-I(mixed)#72
WAZS(mixed)#214  AAA#1569
AS ZR6DXB: VUCC(50MHZ)#1,334  UKSMG WAE(Silver)#75  UKSMG AFRICA#22  WAC
(Satellite)