[RTTY] Audio isolation

To: RTTY contest group <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Audio isolation
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 21:12:22 -0500
I have a second radio I want to connect to my new NUC.  Sound device
will be USB.  Don't care to spend more money on a second interface (I
already have a RigBlaster).  Since it's an Icom and will allow me to
turn on the transmitter via CI-V (as opposed to doing something across
the serial port to the PTT line), I was thinking of just getting
something like this:  https://is.gd/hgbv2h (goes to Amazon).  All
we're trying to do is prevent ground loops, right?  So wouldn't an
inline audio transformer like this (or any of 3 dozen similar items)
work?

NUC is great, BTW, but the 40GB SSD I had handy really wasn't big
enough.  W10 fits and by removing the hibernation cache and cleaning
up some other stuff, I managed to get nearly 20 GB free, but I could
see that it would be a never-ending fight.  Bought a larger one
locally today (120GB/$70).