[RTTY] Fw: [The Daily DX] Silent Key - N4AA Carl Smith

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Fw: [The Daily DX] Silent Key - N4AA Carl Smith
From: Don AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 20:48:20 +0000 (UTC)
Carl occasionally dabbled in RTTY.
Sad news.
Don AA5AU

From: Bernie McClenny, W3UR Sent: Friday, October 20, 2017 1:30 PMTo: The Daily
DX mailing list ; The Weekly DX mailing list Subject: [The Daily DX] Silent Key
- N4AA Carl Smith I am saddened to report N4AA, Carl Smith, became a Silent Key
earlier this morning.  He was 77 years old and had been an Amateur Radio
Operator for 63 years! I first meet Carl at Dayton just a few months after he
purchased DX Publishing (QRZ DX and The DX Magazine). Carl was a hams ham as he
dabbled in many aspects of our great hobby. He did a lot for Amateur Radio over
the years including working at ARRL, writing for CQ Magazine, one of the
founding members that started W4DXCC, was a member of the CQ DX Hall of Fame, a
member of the Potomac Valley Radio Club, reestablished Chapter 145 of QCWA and
established the Southern Appalachian Radio Club. Thanks to his friends W8GEX
and AA4NN he went on his one and only DXpedition to the Bahamas in 2009 as
C6AAA.   Rest in Peace Carl. 73Bernie, W3UR

Bernie McClenny, W3UR Editor of: The Daily DX (1997-2017)
   The Weekly DX (2001-2017)
   How's DX? (1999-2017)

Two week trial -
http://www.dailydx.com/free-trial-request/  ;