Re: [RTTY] STRANGE SET UP WITH NEW RADIO

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] STRANGE SET UP WITH NEW RADIO
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 18:18:09 -0400

*READ ALL OF YOUR FTdx3000 OPERATING MANUAL* and read it again until you
understand it.

If you are using DATA (PKT) mode, the center frequency is set by menu
070 "Other shift (SSB)"  which defaults to 1000 Hz.  To use with the
default 2125/2295 Hz Mark/Space in MMTTY, you must set menu 70 to 2210
(the mid-point between MMTTY's Mark/Space).

You would probably have better results using "Low tones" in MMTTY
(1275/1445 Hz) and setting menu 070 to 1360.

The third option is to use 915/1085 Mark/Space (MMTTY 915 Hz Mark) with
the default settings of Menu 070.

*AGAIN, READ ALL OF YOUR FTdx3000 OPERATING MANUAL* and read it again
until you understand it.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV