Re: [RTTY] TinyFSK

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] TinyFSK
From: "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@dxatlas.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 16:37:21 -0500
Peter,

I do not have a picture of the other side at hand, sorry. Besides, it looks
ugly after my experiments.

I wanted to make it work not only for RTTY, but also as a PTT port for the audio-based modes, such as FT8. After trying several solutions that did not work, I ended up connecting a diode between pin 14 of CH240G on Arduino and collector of Q2. The cathode of the diode goes to the IC, and the anode to the transistor. Now WSJTX thinks that TinyFSK is just a COM port, and uses port's RTS line for PTT.

73 Alex VE3NEA