[RTTY] Help Needed

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Help Needed
From: David G3YYD via RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 10:14:51 -0000
I am working on 2Tone and need some help. As part of improved decode I have
changed it so that a received ? is translated to 9. The reason for this is a
serial number such as 987  has with one bit corruption become ?87 which is
not much use.

By translating ? to 9 it becomes as sent and saves a repeat request. However
sending NR? that displays as NR9 which is OK as most guys will understand
that as meaning as repeat the serial number.

However I can look at the output find NR9 and alter it back to NR?. I have
come up with a set of characters that are likely to be used in a contest and
have ? after them and they are as follows:

{ L"AGN",L"AGAIN",L"CALL",L"CL",L"NR",L"NUMBER",L"STATE", L"HW",L"HOW",
L"NAME", L"QRZ", L"AGE", L"PWR", L"POWER" }

Ignore the L and " as that is just needed for C++ to work out what to do.
Can you think of anything else that should be added for a contest scenario?
If so please email me direct.

Not sending ? on the end of these character strings  will not reduce
understanding at the far end and save 2 characters (330mS) by not send the
?. In some software this could be 3 character:   figs?ltrs. I do not send ?.

73 David G3YYD