Re: [RTTY] Minus sign to space serial numbers

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Minus sign to space serial numbers
From: David G3YYD via RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 20:58:53 -0000
The other advantage of using space is it forces another figs shift so if
FIGS1234-1234 had corrupted FIGS by 1 bit to J then received is JQWERAQWER
but using space would get JQWER 1234. Saves doing the mouse pointer hover.

The one bit corruptions of FIGS are J, B, W, G. So when my callsign prints
as GWEYYD W is 1 bit corruption of figures quick look at keyboard says E is
3 so you have my call without asking for a repeat. I often use this. Just as
we all know TOO means 599.

It is worth remembering 1 bit corruption of FIGS as they happen so often.

An aside LTRS 1 bit corruptions are ( ; 1 /  Future release of 2Tone in
contest mode will map ( and ; to LTRS reducing this source of errors
unfortunately contesters use 1 and / Still fixing 50% of the LTRS 1 bit
corruptions is better than none. Can't map FIGS shift as all the LTRS case
characters are used.

73 David G3YYD