Re: [RTTY] NA RTTY Sprint This Saturday [Hints on Getting Started in Spr

Subject: Re: [RTTY] NA RTTY Sprint This Saturday [Hints on Getting Started in Sprint]
From: Hank Garretson <w6sx@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 07:02:29 -0800
Ed's advice is spot on. For a good discussion of the "CQ" technique by
N6TV, see http://www.nccc.cc/misc/nasprint020210_%20N6TV.wmv . The
discussion is about CW but the principle applies for all modes.

My N1MM+ RTTY Sprint .mc file is attached.

Use at your own risk.

Note that the CAT commands are for K3.

Note that Run F3 toggles the K3 between VFO A and VFO B. I keep the two
VFOs at least 5 kc apart. After the toggle, if I don't quickly hear a CQ I
think I can win, I CQ myself.

Sometimes late in the contest, I keep one VFO on 80 and one on 40 and
alternate bands.

W6SX Prime Directive: The first rule of contesting is to have fun!

Contest Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX