SD-User

[SD-User] RSGB 1.8 MHz Contest

To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [SD-User] RSGB 1.8 MHz Contest
From: "Paul O'Kane" <paul@ei5di.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 09:23:40 -0000
SD Setup for the 2nd RSGB 1.8 MHz Contest 2003

Date      : Saturday/Sunday 15/16 November 2003
Time UTC  : 2100-0059
Frequency : 1820-1870 KHz
Mode      : CW

        UK Entrants

SD Type 10, General - Country & Area Multipliers
.MLT File           : RSGB
.CTY File           : RSGB
Multipliers Count   : B (by band.  Yes, I know
                         it's 160m only)
Points/QSO          : 3
Pts/Bonus           : 5
Receive Serials     : Y
Mode                : CW
Mixed Mode?         : N

Work everyone - UK and non-UK.
Send    : 599 + Serial + District Code
Receive : 599 + Serial + District Code (from UK stations)
        : 599 + Serial (from non-UK stations)

SD lets you record additional data sent by non-UK stations,
as required by the HFCC General Rules for HF contests.
However, there's no point in doing so because any such
data is not cross-checked.

NOTE:  The rules for this contest specify a bonus of 5
points for each new "country", but do not indicate the
DXCC list or the RSGB list - with country credit for
call-areas in various countries such as W and VE.  The
only reference to countries in the General Rules is in
the context of multipliers.  In the 1.8 MHz contest,
bonuses are an alternative to multipliers and I have
assumed that the RSGB country list applies. Please let
me know if this is not correct.

        DX (non-UK) entrants.

Note:  SD is fully operational in this contest for DX
entrants.  You don't need to be registered to use it.

Select SD Type 4, General - Area Multipliers.
Multipliers Count    : B (by band. Yes, I know
                         it's 160m only)
Points/ CW QSO       : 3
Points/SSB QSO       : 0
Pts/Bonus            : 5
.MLT File            : RSGB
Mode                 : CW
Mixed-mode?          : N

Work UK only.
Send    : 599 + Serial
Receive : 599 + Serial + District Code

After the contest, use SDCHECK to create your .LOG
file in Cabrillo format.  Send it, as an attached
file, to 2nd160.logs@rsgbhfcc.org

73,
Paul EI5DI