SD-User

[SD-User] Discontinuing of DOS updating

Subject: [SD-User] Discontinuing of DOS updating
From: "DENYS BROSNAN ZL2AWH" <zl2awh.denysb@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 12:41:01 +1200
I must congratulate Paul for keeping the 2 systems going for so long. It is not
only the
 time factor but also having to be familiar with two different programming
languages at the same
time. While some commands under DOS are the same as the text console commands
there is
quite a bit of difference and it is quite easy to confuse oneself between them.

I myself have been through the exact same thing with my own logging software. I
used
PowerBasic's compilers starting with DOS then their Console Compiler and now I
use their WIN7
compiler. I found it impossible to go back and forwards from one to the other
without wasting a lot
of energy and time familiarizing myself with new commands.

To me, Paul has done the right thing and I wish him all the best with the
Windows version.

Incidently, my own logger is only for local contests and I still use SD for
international ones so
Paul and I am not in competition.

73 to all.

Denys Brosnan  ZL2AWH