SD-User

Re: [SD-User] RDA contest

To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] RDA contest
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 12:30:39 +0100
From: "Reg Unsworth" <reg.unsworth@btopenworld.com>

> First, after a while it stopped logging the districts on
> screen although it seemed to continue to score OK.  I presume
> this is something to do with the 200 limit.

The 200 limit (actually it's now 215), applies to all area
codes in the .MLT file used - whether they were present initially
or added while logging.

>... I set it up as type 4 and created its own RDA.cty file by
> #ing out everything except the countries that counted Ua1, Ua2 etc.

As it happens, Type 4 does no callsign validation against country
files.  On the other hand, Type 10 lets you log area codes only for
the countries listed at the top of the corresponding .MLT file.

For anyone who has had problems running SDCHECK for this contest,
please send me your .ALL file and I'll fix them.

73,
Paul EI5DI