SD-User

Re: [SD-User] V11.0 nearly there.

To: "SD-USER" <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] V11.0 nearly there.
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 21:28:08 +0100
From: "Sidney Will" <sidwill@lineone.net>

> I have been trying out V11.0 and have set up as follows:
> Border = 1, Font = 10x18 and this gives me full screen on a
> 15 inch LCD screen - Better display than DOS.

The "optimum" setup depends on each users screen definition
setting (Settings - Control Panel - Display - Settings) and
on the font size selected but, and Sid is right, you may well
find an option that looks better than DOS.  LCD screens are a
bit different, as they should normally be left at their native
(maximum) resolution. Then, the only significant variable is
font size.

> I get continuous "key down" from my keying serial port,
> which works on my V10.25. However, WinKey works fine

I've done some testing, and it seems that, for serial keying,
the PTT line (but not the keying line) may be set On when SD
is started.  If this should happen, send any of the F1-F8
messages and things will return to normal at the end of the
message (or send a single character in keyboard mode Alt-K).

This assumes that WinKey is off or disabled (using the WINKEY
command).  If WinKey is enabled, and you attempt to use
internal keying, you'll get continuous keying.  That's because
the pin for internal keying (DTR) is used as the power line
for WinKey.

> The ZAP command does not work in V11.0

I've updated SD to fix this, and should really have changed the
version number.  The updated SD.EXE is available from
www.ei5di.com/sd/sdexe.zip.

73,
Paul EI5DI