SD-User

Re: [SD-User] Cabrillo log

Subject: Re: [SD-User] Cabrillo log
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:40:26 -0000
From: "Graeme. G4CKH" <graeme.g4ckh@btinternet.com>

> ... I am using SD for post editing / creating a log for the 1st
> rsgb 160mtr contest.

> When logging EU, ie.... not UK contacts, most stations provided a
> two letter reply and no serial number.  Therefore I put a zero in
> the serial number field followed by their two letter code.

It was probably only the PA stations who were doing this, because
of the overlap with the PACC contest.  As it happens, you could
have omitted the zero and just entered the Dutch district code,
the result (in Cabrillo) is the same.

> .. the serial number comes out as......000 but the space for the
> two letter code is empty.............is this OK and will this affect
> my score.

This is to specification and it won't affect your score; you can see
an example at  http://www.contesting.co.uk/hfcc/formats/topband.txt
Note that there is no entry, in the received district code field,
for non-UK QSOs.

73,
Paul EI5DI